Check out must-have smartphone features at the #AweSM tech deals weekend
Gone are the days of 2G networks, hard-to-press keypads, and 3MP cameras on cell phones as flagship brands offer more advanced and user-friendly features to provide the best service for users. Marking its annual celebration of Cybermonth this August, SM has its pulse on the trends with a list of smartphone must-have features to consider when shopping for new phones!
- Biometrics are now used to lock smartphones and keep our private data safe. The most common biometric security features include fingerprint scanning, face recognition and even iris scanning. It is best to buy smartphones with a biometrics feature to ensure the security of files.
- Multiple cameras. Most smartphones are already equipped with back and front cameras but there are phones with dual rear cameras emerging in the market now. Smartphones with multiple cameras are perfect for those who love to take selfies or professional-like images without the hassle of bringing heavy camera equipment every day or during travels.
- Wireless charging. Many popular brands are now adapting wireless charging where users can simply place their smartphones on top of a charging block, stand or mat and leave it to charge. It’s neater, faster and hassle-free.
- Voice control. This feature enables users to do tasks on their smartphones without using their hands and is best for those who drive and are always pressed for time. Through voice control, users can play music, answer calls, open apps or find files by just speaking directly to the device’s microphone.
- It is best to get a waterproof phone to protect it from spills, humidity, rain showers and sometimes, even full immersion underwater.
- 256GB storage. Big storage space enables users to store more files, photos and videos and to install more apps.
- Front-facing speakers. Speakers are important for those who watch movies and videos on their phones a lot or for those who like entertainment on-the-go.
- Big-screen display. For those who like to stream videos and edit photos on their phones, it is best to get a smartphone with a screen size ranging from 5.5 to 6 inches in full HD display.
- Powerful processor. Smartphone processors run web browsing, GPS, music streaming, videos, 4G connectivity and other scores of tasks performed by our phone on a daily basis. For those who use their phones often, it is best to look for devices with a powerful chipset, such as Apple’s A11 Bionic, Qualcomm SDM660 Snapdragon 660, Exynos 9810, and HiSilicon Kirin 970 among others.
- Multi-window. This feature is perfect for those who like to multi-task. It enables the user to accomplish different tasks at once such as watching a move while browsing on Google or messaging a friend while video-calling another.
Smartphones continues to evolve, that is why it is exciting to shop for gadgets with the most advanced features.
VIVO Concept Store & Kiosk
Huawei Nova 3,
Huawei Concept Store
Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus
SAMSUNG Concept Store
Power Mac Center
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Samsung Concept Store
Power Mac Center
Nokia Concept Store and Kiosk
OPPO Concept Store
Huawei P20 PRO
Huawei Concept Store
Samsung Galaxy S9
Samsung Concept Store
As part of Cybermonth and SM’s #AweSM 60 years celebration, you can discover a wide range of mobile phones with the latest must-have features. Score amazing gadgets on August 24 to 26 as SM Supermalls treats shoppers with a fun weekend of #AweSM tech finds and deals – where you can experience 60-themed deals, such as pay only 60%, less Php60, or pay only Php60, on #AweSM items in participating stores!
Visit your favorite SM mall now, or check www.smsupermalls.com for more details.
Landers Superstore opens first-ever health and wellness center. Landers Superstore, the fastest growing membership superstore in the country, aims to offer big care, big savings to its members as it recently opened its very own health and wellness center, the Capital Care Pharmacy, in ArcoVia City. Shoppers can now get more value from their membership with Capital Care Pharmacy’s wide selection of generic and branded medicines, vitamins, and medical supplies—all with exclusive discounts all-year-round. Strategically located within the superstore, the new Capital Care Pharmacy features a cozy, expansive design and employs courteous and well-trained staff. Leading the ribbon cutting ceremony were (left to right): CurePro Plus Inc. president Emmanuel Cuevas, MedExpress Drugstore chief financial officer Jefferson Mendoza, and Landers Superstore chief financial officer Francis Reyes. Visit the Capital Care Pharmacy at Landers ArcoVia City, Landers Alabang West, and Landers Cebu. For more information, visit http://landers.ph.
Prominent Asian implant surgeons in convention. Top implant surgeons from Asia: James I-Sheng Huang from Taiwan, Sok Chenh Chhean from Cambodia and Gary Brillo from Manila were recently featured as key speakers at the 27th Philippine Academy of Implant Dentistry (PAID) Annual Convention and Induction Ceremony at the Okada Hotel Manila. Convention theme was “Honing Skills towards a Wider Horizon.” The implant experts share their knowledge and expertise on dental implantology and the latest developments in the field. Also at the convention was PAID president Dr. Levy Louie Villaruel (seated at the center).The convention was co-presented by Straumann, the world’s leader in implant, restorative and regenerative dentistry, exclusively distributed by GT Industries in the Philippines.
Techies and leading tech brands gathered at SM Mall of Asia to get the latest buzz on gadgets, games, and deals as SM Supermalls kicks off Cybermonth last August 3 to 4.
“With all the month-long deals and discounts on tech, SM’s Cybermonth celebration pushes us closer to our goal of becoming the country’s must-visit tech destination,” said Jonjon San Agustin, SM Supermalls senior vice president for marketing.
Guests were given an exclusive preview of the latest gadgets, and tech-citing deals and discounts that await shoppers at SM’s Cybermonth.
The official partner of Cyberzone, Speed Magazine, gathered gamers from various tech media outfits to battle for this year’s championship of Geek Wars.
Indeed, game geeks and gadget lovers have much to look forward to at SM’s Cybermonth celebration. Shoppers can enjoy month-long promos on the latest gizmos with up to 50% discount in participating stores and tech brands.
As part of SM’s #AweSM 60-year celebration and Cybermonth, #AweSM tech finds and deals will give shoppers more value from August 24 to 26 at SM Supermalls. Shoppers can experience 60-themed deals, such as pay only 60%, less Php60, or pay only Php60 on #AweSM items in participating stores.
No matter what your tech interest is – whether it be e-sports, gaming, virtual reality, music, or photography – there will be something for you at Cyberzone! For more information, visit www.smsupermalls.com
Watch UAAP Season 81, the biggest sports event of the year, at the SM Mall of Asia Arena with special performances by James Reid and Spongecola.
Celebrate and show off campus pride as the National University hosts UAAP Season 81, drumming up a bigger and bolder season opening ceremony, packed with fun surprises and special performances from Spongecola, James Reid, and more happening on September 8 at the SM Mall of Asia Arena!
After hosting its 75th season in 2012, the biggest collegiate sports league in the Philippines makes a comeback to the home of the Bulldogs, National University, for UAAP Season 81 – treating athletes, students, and sports fans alike with a must-experience season opening.
“This season, we will bring the best out of our student-athletes as we showcase different sports events for the most-awaited university sports league in the country,” said Nilo Ocampo, president of the Board of Managing Directors of UAAP.
Don’t miss out on one of the biggest sports event of the year as school spirit comes alive this September at the UAAP Season 81 at the MOA Arena – it all begins here.
For updates on UAAP Season 81 tickets, visit https://smtickets.com/.
Trade In for a TechnoMarine. For those who are keen to own a TechnoMarine watch, here is your chance! TechnoMarine is running the “No Time To Wait Tour” that will let you trade in a pre-loved wrist watch – of any brand in working condition – for a TechnoMarine watch at a 40 percent discount in participating branches.
Catch the TechnoMarine “No Time To Wait Tour” and trade in to own the TechnoMarine watch you have always wanted at the following branches and on the following dates: August 11, 2018 at Edsa Shangri-La Mall in Mandaluyong City; August 12, 2018 at Greenbelt 3 in Makati City; August 18, 2018 at TriNoma Mall in Quezon City; August 19, 2018 at SM North Edsa Main Wing in Quezon City; August 25, 2018 at SM Mall of Asia in Pasay City; and lastly at August 26, 2018 at SM Megamall. The trade in is time bound and can only be offered within 1:00PM to 6:00PM in each stop.
TechnoMarine timepieces instill a carefree coastal resort spirit with their water-inspired elements. A bright mix of colors and premium components let urban souls dream of international destinations when sporting the watches by innovative designers who enthusiastically develop eachcollection concept.
For more information, follow @TechnoMarinePH in Facebook and Instagram
Essilor Eye Can Succeed campaign wins award at the 16th Philippine Quill Awards. Essilor’s Eye Can Succeed has once again bagged awards from yet another prestigious award-giving body, the 2018 Philippine Quill Awards held at the Marriott Grand Ballroom. Essilor’s Eye Can Succeed, which received the merit award for Communication Management under the Corporate Social Responsibility category, aims to help Filipino senior high school students achieve better sight by providing free eye check-ups and giving free eyeglasses to those in need. The Eye Can Succeed campaign is a program launched last year by Essilor Vision Foundation (EVF), the philanthropic arm of Essilor which is committed to eliminating poor vision and providing underprivileged people the opportunity to live a better life through better sight. The Philippine Quill Awards is presented by the local division of the International Association of Business Communicators (IABC), and honors dedication, innovation and passion of communicators on a global scale. For more information, visit Essilor’s website at http://www.essilor.com.ph, and follow @EssilorPH on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.